- We began this process in October 2013 to advocate for changes to North Interstate Avenue between Tillamook and the Memorial Coliseum
- The process has included soliciting input from stakeholders including people who bike, business owners, neighborhood associations, Portland Public Schools and the Portland Water Bureau to create a letter signed by 6 neighborhood associations and the npGreenway group.
- The letter was sent to PBOT Director Leah Treat, Commissioner Steve Novick and Mayor Charlie Hales in October 2014 and was followed by a presentation in front of PBOT Director Treat and Commissioner Novick’s Chief of Staff in the PBOT Transportation Class at Portland State University in December 2014.
- In the days or weeks ahead we will meet with PBOT and Commissioner Novick’s office to discuss our concerns with their response to date which has not yet met our expectations. Our primary areas of concern are:
- Speeding (video with speed gun of vehicles travelling 10-20mph above posted speed limits limits on YouTube)
- Signs approaching narrow bike lane under Larrabee overpass
- Continuous right turn lane and vehicles crossing extended bike lane
- You can help!
A full update can be found in the attached PDF. The video below was taken by Ted underneath the Larrabee overpass showing drivers regularly going between 40mph and 50mph. The speed limit here is 30mph and PBOT said it would be "unlikely that the location would be made a priority for ongoing enforcement at this time".